Sunday, 8 January 2012

An encounter with an Astrologer !!


"Let's visit our neighbour. A relative of theirs who happens to be an old man and his wife are famous astrologers. Let us ask him about your future", my mom told me one day. That was the most unfortunate day of my life as I had a screwed up interview back to back, I was jobless and moreover lost my hope of getting a job.
I resisted, for astrologers were the ones who I hated the most. I told my mom that I was uninterested and she can take my younger brother instead. But my defiance was in vain and my mom took me to their house.
Upon arrival, I saw an old man and his wife of 70-75 years old. My mom, my younger brother and myself bowed down and touched their feet. The neighbouring aunty who was also our family friend brought us tea and introduced us to the old couple who happened to be her maternal uncle and aunt. I smiled at them. The old lady smiled at me in return. But the old man was adamant. I felt he was too egoistic to smile at us. I ignored him.
After filling our tummy with tea, my mom told me to sit beside the old couple. The old lady immediately took a pen and paper, drew a square box with many parallelograms withiin it ( The same diagram which we see in our kundali). She handed the pen and paper to me and asked to me fill each one of the box with random numbers 1 to 9 in any manner. The number shouldnt be repeated. I thought this was a something to do with sudoku kind of a thing. I filled the boxes and returned the same to her.
The moment I handed the paper, the old man suddenly became active and started calculating something in his mind. The old lady used to tell him the box in which I penned down the numbers and the old man used to go in a different world. This continued for almost 5-10 min and finally I got my result. It was as if I was playing Kaun Banega Crorepati and was waiting whether I had one 1 crore or not.
I was awestruck and numb to hear what the old man said about my past life. This was my first meeting with him and everything he told about me was perfect. I became curious. The old man said that he was telling me about my past to assure me that what ever he ways about my future will be true. I agreed.
He went to his own world of calculations in mind and started telling me about where I will be, my job, my career etc. etc. etc. I listened patiently and my subconscious mind told me that I should believe his words.
After me, it was the turn of my younger brother. The same process repeated again and the old man said exactly what my brother had gone through. He told his future too.
After the entire saga, we started back to our home. My brother and I were now in a different world and were discussing and excavating each and every mathematical formula that made the old man predict our destiny. One unique feature was that he never used the pen and paper on which we entered the numbers. My mom asked me that night,"Did you both notice any peculiar feature about the couple?"
"No", we said.
"Hahaha!!" she laughed and said," the man who told your future is blind for the last 10 years!!!"
We both sat down speechless!!
Since that day, I realised the importance of astrology. Even today, I never visit an astrologer but I stopped making fun of them too. It is upto you whether to believe or not!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment