| “It ALL Ends on 15th July” – Its not just a Punch line that the Marketing Gurus’s used for the last movie of the Harry Potter Series But it is hard truth that all the Harry Potter Fans(be it through Books or from the days the first movie was on silver screen) have to face sooner or latter… For some this was their complete Childhood of learning , reading and thinking about the next Harry Potter Book or a movie and for some it was part of their Teen Age struggling , Falling In Love and discussing/relating to the characters of the book. I was part of the latter also. The Harry Potter Phenomenon struck the world as a Tsunami and took everything with it , The Life came to a halt, the sleepless nights increased , I personally knew people who completely read the book in a single day irrespective of how many pages it had.(I was bit slow in reading them but it was a Joy ride every time I start it again) Last few Days Newspaper were reporting Children coming on street before the last movie is going to come on Board … Children were crying and a small white girl was sobbing and saying “ What Will I Do now… It All Came to an End..” It seemed as if without Harry potter the Life will not be same for anyone of them .. Now they have to find another medium to be happy, to dream and to enjoy the world that was beyond human senses.. (Harry Potter fascinated everyone because it created the world beyond human senses and still we don’t know if the world is there somewhere hidden right underneath our eyes..) Harry Potter was about the victory of Good over bad , it was about the strength of One Boy , It was About trust and a Mentor , It was about choices we make , It was about Friendship,Love,Loss i.e. everything that we look for in life and moreover it was about Hope , Hope to Succeed. The Scene where Harry stand in front of Voldemort surrendering to Die without fear speaks about what it is to die without fear also. (See HP & DH Part2 yourself to know more..) Watching the last scene of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows I knew It will never be same for me as well , The boy sitting just right to me was sure that the last scene was not similar to what they have in the book.. This is how attached he was to Harry Potter so that he knew about all that happened and the sequence in which it did. Leaving the hall was tough , it felt as if this will never happen again but I was happy because Harry Potter happened when I was there on this earth watching every book unfold(like most people are happy that they share the same time when Sachin Tendulkar is on earth playing Cricket , live in front of them). Few stairs down and I saw a poster for X-MEN – First Class and I thought : this is the era of prequels so who knows we might have a prequel of Harry Potter as well.. or If J.K Rowling have another dream to write the next part. Who Knows ? ? ? ?.. But for now We have all came to an End of a Saga , Saga Of the BOY WHO LIVED “In Everybody’s Heart”.. |
| Anurag Mothotra |
Saturday, 31 December 2011
It ALL Ended Today - 15th July 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment